Every course on the app has a classroom, they use the classroom to ask questions to the teacher while they make their way through the course.
We ask that you dedicate around 15 minutes a day to respond to course questions and reviews, especially for the first week or two following the launch. Checking your course’s classroom often will also benefit the long-term success of your course.
Please note that, while Insight Timer celebrates and rewards genuine and thoughtful engagement, we don't reward behavior that artificially increases the number of comments, plays, and reviews.
How to reply to comments
You can reply to comments either via text or audio (our preference is audio).
- Log in to your teacher dashboard https://teacher.insighttimer.com/
- Click on the Courses tab in the menu bar on the left of the screen
- Select the course you would like to check on (right-hand menu)
- You'll see a host of questions sitting under "Waiting"
- When you see a question you'd like to answer click on the microphone icon in the text box and follow the prompts
When you respond to a question you will notice it moves from "Waiting" to "Replied"
A couple of things to keep in mind when responding to comments using audio:
- Make sure you're using a good microphone. Audio quality makes a huge difference
- Please say the person's name when answering their question. For example, "Hi, Anne"
- Repeat the question (or summarize it) before you answer. This provides context for other listeners
- Try not to make replies too long. Between 1-2 minutes for most questions should be fine
How to reply to reviews
- On your course classroom, click on "View Reviews". (This is located under your course's title)
- Select "awaiting"
- Write your reply
NOTE: It is best to use Chrome as your browser
Please avoid using the classroom to promote any type of external content, or to request personal data from students. We reserve the right to unpublish courses that does not follow these guidelines.