If you are a teacher on Insight Timer, your community will appreciate if you regularly engage with them. The most direct way of doing this is by creating your own Group and inviting all students who want to stay in the loop of what is happening.
Groups help Teachers communicate and engage with their followers and the community in real-time. Group Administrators, Moderators, and Members can post, chat, recommend content, and meditate together in one space.
Groups are great spaces for teachers to promote their new content releases and upcoming Live events, as well as to have a space for discussion and reflection.
HOW CAN I CREATE A GROUP?
- Click on the ‘Connect’ Tab clicking on the world icon in the menu bar
- Click on Create in the top right corner
- Choose ‘Public’ for your Group so that you can be searched and found
- Once you have created your Group, click on ‘Group details’ to refine the settings. You can edit the title and description, set the Group location, add a colour and if you scroll down you will also find a field to tag your Group with up to 3 relevant tags.
WHERE CAN I SEE MY GROUP ON THE APP?
Your group(s) will be shown on your teacher profile
ARE TEACHER GROUPS PRIVATE OR PUBLIC?
For Teacher Groups, you can create groups depending on your preference. It can either be of the two (2) options below:
- Public Group - anyone can join
- Private Group - only the Administrator can allow users to join
CAN I ASSIGN SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP MANAGE MY GROUP?
Groups are managed by Administrators and Moderators. To put it simply:
- The Administrator is the creator of the Group. They hold the responsibility of managing the Group.
- The Moderator is appointed by the Administrator to 'monitor' or oversee the Group.
- A Group may choose to have specific guidelines that are separate (and additional) to Insight Timer's Community Guidelines that group members should adhere to upon joining.
- Group Administrators can write these guidelines as a Post or include them in the About section of the Group.
- All group members (Administrators, Moderators, and Members) should provide genuine profile information and not impersonate someone else.
- Please do not upload a profile photo/avatar that contains nudity, depicts violence, phobia-triggering images, or any symbol/image that may be deemed offensive to the members of the community.
POSTING & PROMOTIONS
- Please post only relevant content to the Group. No external links, email addresses, websites, or platforms should be shared in Groups.
- Do not promote a commercial enterprise or business.
- Please do not ask for personal information (e.g. email addresses)
- Do not spam (unsolicited private promotional messages are considered spam).
- Do not post copyrighted material.
- Do not send private messages from other users without permission.
- Do not cross-post the same message to more than one Group (where you are not the admin).
Teachers who do not follow the above guidelines will be permanently banned from Insight Timer after being flagged 3 times.
KEEPING THE GROUP SAFE
If you see another member violating any of the Community Guidelines, simply:
- Report users by tapping on the user's profile photo (avatar) to bring up their profile page, then tap on the flag icon.
- Report comments/posts by tapping the flag icon next to a comment/post
- Or you can Contact us directly here.
NOTE: Group Administrators or Moderators of private groups may remove posts or users from the curated Groups if a breach of guidelines occurs.
In case there is a Group Member that might be in a crisis, or any other person may be in danger, here's a link with emergency resources to provide members in need with immediate help.
REPORTED POSTS, COMMENTS, AND USERS
Members who are found to have breached or infringed our Community Guidelines may be:
- Temporarily banned from posting
- Removed from the Group
- In extreme cases, permanently banned from Insight Timer
Excited? If you want to know more about tips and best practices, have a look here.
Thank you for keeping the community safe by adhering to these guidelines.